Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!!!
I know its a bit early, but we wanted to say that we hope everyone enjoys the day, and takes a moment to write in their journal something they learned from their mother, or that they appreciate about their mother. I think one of the things I love most about my mom was how hard she tried to make things fun for us. We had a great time mopping the floor in our bathing suits, with the orange hat, or playing trains to do laundry, or escaping from the lion vacuum cleaner. Maybe we were more in the way than actual helping, but it was a great way for us to be involved and 'help'. As a mother now, I know how hard it is to let the kids help, but I know it is a great way to get them involved, spend time together, and teach them the importance of work and cleanliness. Thanks Mom for all the things you taught us, and did for us!
I am also thankful for Logan's mom. She is such a neat lady, willing to help others, and a great friend. I love that Logan is great friends with his parents, and calls them to chat frequently. They did a great job raising a wonderful man, husband, and father, and are wonderful people, parents, and grandparents!
So, to remember my mom, here are some pictures from Mother's Day 2004. The last Mother's Day I was at home in California, and got to spend the day with my mom. Here's our cute family...right before Knut was born, and Beth went on a mission, and a month or two before I moved to Alaska.
I know its a bit early, but we wanted to say that we hope everyone enjoys the day, and takes a moment to write in their journal something they learned from their mother, or that they appreciate about their mother. I think one of the things I love most about my mom was how hard she tried to make things fun for us. We had a great time mopping the floor in our bathing suits, with the orange hat, or playing trains to do laundry, or escaping from the lion vacuum cleaner. Maybe we were more in the way than actual helping, but it was a great way for us to be involved and 'help'. As a mother now, I know how hard it is to let the kids help, but I know it is a great way to get them involved, spend time together, and teach them the importance of work and cleanliness. Thanks Mom for all the things you taught us, and did for us!
I am also thankful for Logan's mom. She is such a neat lady, willing to help others, and a great friend. I love that Logan is great friends with his parents, and calls them to chat frequently. They did a great job raising a wonderful man, husband, and father, and are wonderful people, parents, and grandparents!
So, to remember my mom, here are some pictures from Mother's Day 2004. The last Mother's Day I was at home in California, and got to spend the day with my mom. Here's our cute family...right before Knut was born, and Beth went on a mission, and a month or two before I moved to Alaska.

Here is the picture of me doing the 'Highland Fling', a fun moment we enjoyed from the film Nicholas Nickleby. I loved this hair cut, and had to include this photo, as my hair cuts since just haven't been good at all.

Anyways, we'll try to take some pictures of our 0wn tomorrow as we celebrate our Mother's Day in Juneau. We hope you have a great Mother's Day as well, and thanks to all who have had a 'nurturing' role in our lives, especially our moms!

Anyways, we'll try to take some pictures of our 0wn tomorrow as we celebrate our Mother's Day in Juneau. We hope you have a great Mother's Day as well, and thanks to all who have had a 'nurturing' role in our lives, especially our moms!
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day! I hope you get totally spoiled!
Post a Comment