My big sister Shalynn gave me a book for my birthday by Shannon Hale. It was called Book of a Thousand Days. I was slightly sceptical, but started reading. My first reaction was, "how do you pronounce these names?" But I kept reading, deciding I could pronounce them however I wanted. I ended up being more interested than I had foreseen in the outcome of the story. Since finishing that one, and enjoying it thoroughly, I have borrowed one of the others by this same author, called Princess Academy. I just finished reading that, and was again pleased that I enjoyed reading it so well. The plots were interesting, and had some unforeseen twists. They were easy to follow, and I found myself eager to pick them up and complete the reading. I am now looking forward to reading some of her other stories, as I will be borrowing them from family members. It was very refreshing to read a new book, as I've spent lots of time re-reading old favorites like the Jane Austen books, and the LM Montgomery books. These new books by Shannon Hale were great, a good reading experience, and both books had the message that one person can make a difference. That is a wonderful message, I needed to be reminded of.
No comments:
Post a Comment