I have a head cold. Not that it is incapacitating me to the point of insanity, but I have never really enjoyed the times I've gotten sick like this, especially since I can't just curl up in bed and rest. Elise, fortunately isn't sick, so she has all the energy of a 19 month old, and doesn't understand that Mommy doesn't. So, as this is the first time in a couple years that I am able to, I've taken some real medications. Nothing too big, but something more than rubbing Vicks on my nose and sucking on lozenges. I love that there are brilliant people in the world who have come up with safe medications that can help us deal with symptons that would dull our senses so we aren't as focused as we need to be when dealing with a crafty and adventurous toddler. I am still sick, but not anywhere near as debilitated as I've been in the last couple years when I wasn't able to take medications like this. What a wonder modern medicine is!
No comments:
Post a Comment