Friday, October 16, 2009

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

So, we've had a bit of rough times lately. We had some really hard days happen in the last several weeks, and some of them had more lasting consequences than were forseen at the time, so we're still dealing with the repercusions/emotional consequences of some things that happened recently. Some days are good, some days are more challenging. I find that I am really grateful for the miracles of having Logan and Elise as my family. I think I don't always realize how huge a blessing Logan is, and I know I don't always see the miracle of having a healthy two year old as a miracle. I am truly grateful to have this wonderful family, and I think sometimes that when I am dealing with a challenge, that I appreciate these two more and more.

That said, we're still dealing with some 'tricky' times (as Elise would call it). Then to top it all off, yesterday as I sat down to have peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Elise and watch some Clifford, I noticed that one of the diamonds is gone from my ring. It was already a more emotional day than some are, and then that.....My engagement ring is wonderful, beautiful, and I couldn't pick one that would be better for me. We seem to have had some issues with this particular ring though. When Logan first gave it to me 4 and 1/2 years ago, it needed to be resized. We sent it to be resized, and they took a few weeks to get it back to me. I figured they had to send it down south, and shipping things back and forth from Alaska can sometime take some time.....When I had it back, I wore it for a few days, and then while sitting in a statistics class one morning I noticed one of the diamonds was missing.....We went back to the jeweler's and they took the ring to replace the diamond. After a couple weeks, we went in to make sure everything was ok....they told us that in replacing the diamond, the ring had broken, so they were making a whole new ring to replace it. Ok....It took a few more weeks, but we finally got the ring I have now. It has been fine for the last several years....til yesterday. We're gonna see what it will take to get it fixed. Hopefully it won't take months this time.....

So, I guess the jist of this whole thing is, it was feeling like one of those days where I could almost have asked, "What else could possibly happen?"--you know, like a terrible horrible no good very bad day-- I didn't ask those questions though, and we made it through the day, all healthy and able to spend time together, which is all that really is important. So, this morning, Elise and I got up, got dressed, were having breakfast, and getting some things done like dishes and sweeping. I turned on some music and kept going with the morning. Then I realized one of the songs on the playlist was 'Put On Your Sunday Clothes' from Hello Dolly. I love that song. Another we really enjoy is 'Count Your Blessings' from White Christmas.
So, this morning I did my hair (which doesn't get to happen every day), and had a great shake for breakfast with my girl. We're gonna do pretend dance class, play dress up, and just enjoy being together. Then this weekend we'll try to have some treats like Orange Cream Soda Floats. I just needed those little reminders that everything is ok, and that I am really blessed - and especially that no day is ever truly a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day ---they are just reminders of blessings in disguise. So we ask now, what do you do to over come those bad day feelings? If you are having one, and you want to come over and have floats and sing Hello Dolly songs at the top of your voice, you're welcome to come hang out with us girls! And we're very grateful for our families and loved ones who have kept us in their prayers. We love you too!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I can certainly relate to those bad days. They are not fun to go through, and some of them are down-right...well, terrible. But I'm glad you can still get through them. I would love to come over and hang out with you girls! Of course, I think I would have a root beer float instead of orange, I'm kind of grossed out by that flavor right now after yesterday. :) Hope you all stay happy and healthy!