Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finished Logan Project

Logan finished the table and chairs for Elise. She LOVES them. I will find her putting her friends on the chairs and setting out 'big parties' for them. She is really enjoying having something just her size for snack time, and for sitting and playing instruments. It has already received its initiation....she got some crayon on the table, accidentally, as it is hard to keep those crayons on the page sometimes.... but that just shows how much she loves her great coloring spot, right?


The other crayon mishap was today....'We' were working on the curtains for the front door. She had been working on making cards with crayons and stickers while I sewed in the back room. As I was putting up the curtains in the entryway, she came with me and brought her red crayon and a piece of paper. I thought she was holding them, but suddenly I heard an excited little voice saying the words, "we color on the sidewalk!" and some scribbling sounds. I turned around to find red crayon on the new entry way tiles, the wood transition piece, and the linoleum floor. I informed my little friend that while it IS fun to use sidewalk chalk OUTSIDE, this is NOT the same as using crayons inside, and that crayons are ONLY for writing on paper. We went ahead and put the crayons away, and cleaned up the floor.....the only glitch is that the red crayon doesn't want to come off the grout.....but the curtains on the door turned out great!

3 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

What a great table and chairs! That has got to be so fun to have something just her size. Glad she is enjoying it so much.

Brianna said...

Wow, those look so cool! And I guess it's good that she didn't decide to try coloring on the walls... :) I can't believe how grown up she is. It sounds like she has quite the vocabulary and is so much fun. We love and miss you guys!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

The table and chairs look awesome. Way better than my little Ikea set (which is also decorated with some crayon and marker).