Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recent Purchases

Over the last year we have had several changes, including selling our cars and having our girl grow up lots. In order to have Elise and I move back to Alaska, we needed a car. This is what Logan got:


It is a PT Cruiser. He took off all the bumper stickers and cleaned the permanent marking writing off to make it look like this:


Really, there is an explanation. The previous owner's daughter hit a pole with the car accidentally. There is some denting on the side, which was very obvious when it was painted black. To disguise the dents, he painted it. That is how we purchased it. We have plans to paint it eventually, but in the meantime it has been an adventure. People point and laugh when we drive by. This is sometimes surprising, because while you are inside driving, you forget that it is painted in an unusual fashion. Tourists especially gave us lots of attention when we drove around this last August and September, but as the season has wound down, we aren't getting as much ridicule--I think....Anyways, we love having a vehicle that works, and that is now quieter (the previous owner had some kind of really loud muffler situation happening....we got that fixed and it is really nice to be able to talk to each other in the car as we drive, and actually HEAR each other!)

The other purchase is more personal for me. Last Spring, I felt the need for a new bag for errands. You know how as your kids grow you don't really need those huge diaper bags, but you need more space than one of those little purses can provide. My sweet husband got me the best bag I've ever had. It is a MAXPEDITION, which are designed to be hard use gear for storing concealed weapons. I got the JUMBO kind, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!


It has pockets for everything you could need, and the spot for the gun works great to hold one of those travel sized magna-doodles for my girl. I really enjoy having the space I want, and a sturdy strap to handle the weight of the load I carry around. And I feel much better prepared to have all those little emergency articles organized and easy to get to. The right bag can really make a great addition to life!

2 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Wow... that car had a lot going on with the paint job and bumper stickers! Working cars are always so nice to have. And yes... the right bag makes all the difference in the world!

Brianna said...

What, no more focus? But look at it this way, with your car the color it is, you could still see it if it was snowing. Pretty sweet bag - sounds kind of intense, but like it gets the job done, which is always a plus. :)