Not many people get to live with their spouse's parents for almost a year without that spouse present. After having this experience, I can concurr with my dad-in-law by saying, "the advantages far outweighed the disadvantages." It was a difficult thing to say goodbye, as we are now much more like family. I definitely feel more as though I'm their daughter, rather than an in law that visits once every couple years. I have learned what wonderful people they are, and was amazed how much Logan is who he is because of them. So many traits that Logan has, that I fell in love with as I got to know him, he gets from his parents. They are so quick to help others, no matter how tired, or busy they might be. They are so supportive of one another, and are good at looking out for each other. They are lots of fun to sit around chatting with, and they give FABULOUS advice. They are very level headed, and have had so many experiences, and read so much, that it is always a good experience to talk things over with them. They NEVER made me feel as though I had to justify the decisions I was making as a mom, or how I'm trying to raise Elise. They never made me feel as though they were critical of me or my shortcomings. They even let me help them once in a while, and let me organize them a bit (at least coordinate calendars and schedules for the week ahead). They are great with Elise. They went out of their way to build a relationship with her, and never gave up, despite it taking weeks for her to warm up to them. We are truly blessed to be part of their eternal family. They are great, wonderful, warm, caring, fun loving, adventurous people. We're really hoping to see them again soon, but in the meantime will try to keep in touch via webcam and phone calls. We love you Grandma Sue and Papa!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to know your in-laws better and that they are so supportive of you! It sounds like even as tough as it was to be apart that you got some great things out of it.
Post a Comment