Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brave Little Girl

We went to Mingus Park today to feed the ducks with the bread that was left over from the scout dinner last Friday. It turned out there were a ton of seagulls, and they were pretty aggressive, so the ducks didn't really get any bread. Then we went over to play on the slides and swings. There are two sections of the park, one for bigger kids and one for littler kids. Elise has never been on a real slide before, just the little one in the front room at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I thought she might be a little nervous about how big the slides were. She wasn't. She climbed right up and slid down. The slides were in the shade, and were still damp from the dew. The first slide was a pretty shallow angle, and she came down slowly, although the stairs were too big for her to climb on her own.






The second slide was bigger, with a steeper angle, although she still came down pretty slowly. She did great, and wanted to do the slide again and again, with a small swing break, and back to the slide.

Then we walked over to say hi to the geese. She saw the big kid slides and swings. While I vetoed the big kid swings, she was very intrigued by the big kid slides. She climbed up the tallest, the twirly slide, and I went behind her just to make sure she was safe. Then she sat down and I went down to help with the sliding part. She had no fear. She went right down, and wanted to do it again and again. I did my best to be supportive, and not seem freaked out by how big the slide is and how little she is, or to mind the dirt and moisture collecting all over her backside. This picture tells it all....you have a hard time seeing the little two year old on the first step to this huge slide:



She had a blast!!! We ran out of film, but really enjoyed spending time at the park today! What a brave little girl I've got on my hands! I think that's why there are mommies and daddies....so this mommy can do the indoor adventures, and Daddy can help with the outdoor, because he doesn't mind so much when she gets dirty...but that may be because I wash the clothes...
Anyways, sliding is fun, and Elise is adventurous!

No comments: