My girl and I were driving in the car today, and as she loves stop signs, and finding letters we know (Honestly-the post office is almost heavenly, since they have signs on the front of the counters, and she can find letters she knows while we are getting or sending mail-FANTASTIC!). So we were driving, and we were pointing out that the stop sign has an S and a T and an O and a P on it. We pulled up in front of the dollar store, and the little voice from the back pops up with, "There is a D, and an O, and an L, and an L..." before I realized that she was spelling the word on the store's sign. What a great girl! She is getting really good at some of those letters...
So, on we went, into the dollar store, to see if they had deals on anything. We found some Sesame Street wrapping paper. Elise picked one that was pink and one that was blue with red (Elmo monster). She then tucked the one in between her legs, and started jumping around saying, "Ga-amp". Then she held out the other roll and said, "Here Mama, you use the pink horse." I then found out she thought they were horses, and we were supposed to ride them through the store saying, "Gallup." I don't know where she got this idea, but it seemed to take a strong hold over her, and she continued to attempt this throughout the store, and tried to talk me into it as well, periodically being willing to trade. What a fun store visit! If anybody needs to liven up their shopping trips, I highly recomment using a roll of wrapping paper as a horse. And if that isn't lively enough, you can pause occasionally and say, "Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle" and pretend to have the horse wiggle its tail. Elise could come show you how its done. And so, we came home and I asked her if I could take a picture of her with her horse. Here she is, wearing the "Daddy" shirt she picked out all by herself (she has a blue shirt, a grey shirt, and some brown pants, which she refers to as her Daddy clothes, since he wears similar clothes to work....I guess it helps her feel connected with him.) Anyways, we hope you have some fun wiggling and riding horses,....Hilarious --- especially for the other shoppers!
No comments:
Post a Comment