Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

We are all sick. Logan came home from work with a sore throat, a runny nose, and being tired. A few days later, Elise started exhibiting the symptom of a stuffy nose. She had a really hard time sleeping while laying down in her crib, so I ended up propping the two of us up on the couch and holding her all night. She was really restless, so I didn't get much sleep, but Logan was a big helper, and took her for a couple hours in the morning before he had to be at work. We did that for a couple days, and Saturday tried to get super naps for everyone. Logan took Elise over to the Daltons a lot Saturday and Sunday, and I tried to clean house as much as possible. We got the fridge cleaned, and the kitchen, and bathrooms, and most of the major stuff like rearranging the rooms to fit an extra queen size bed (we're cleaning in anticipation of visits from Logan's parents and my mom). Then Sunday evening I woke up from a nap with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Still being a nursing mother limits what kinds of medications I can take, so for the first day, I was basically miserable until we figured out which meds I could have. Logan ended up taking most of the day off work, and I do not know what we would have done without him. He gave me a priesthood blessing, and took care of Elise so I could rest peacefully. Tuesday morning, we were all feeling better. Elise still has a runny/stuffy nose, but she isn't on any medicine at all, being only a 1 year old. She is a trooper though, and is ok about letting us wipe her nose, or use the nose vacuum! Although her little nose is getting so red and raw, and she looks so miserable when she has liquids leaking from her nose and eyes, and even mouth (she is drooling like crazy because she is so stuffy and isn't swallowing the same as normal). We have been trying to take it easy, and Logan has been able to work this week. Hopefully we can all recover soon, finish cleaning, and get ready for our first set of visitors. Logan's parents fly in on July 4.

No comments: