My mom sent a box the other day with some cute outfits, some special long lasting bubbles, and a little card just for Elise. We pulled out the things in the box, and to my surprise the thing Elise latched on to wasn't the bubbles, but the card. I read the card to her once, and put it aside with the things I was pulling out of the box. Elise reached over, picked it up, opened it, and, pointing to the words, started 'reading' it to me. She spent 20 minutes 'reading' the card all by herself. She would put it back in the envelope, then pull it out, open it, and start 'reading' again. I tried to get a picture, but she got distracted by the camera. Once the camera was put away, she went back to 'reading' her card. Once in a while she would give it to me so I could read it to her, but then she'd take it back and continue reading all on her own. Since then she has started doing the same thing with her other books, or even my mat stacks she takes off my scrapbook supply shelf. She opens the pages, points to the words and reads them, or just points to the pictures or the color pages and jabbers away, describing what she sees I think. It is so cute, and makes me excited for the time when she will have more verbal words and can really read to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment