Our power is back on!!! That is to say, the lines with the Snettisham Hydroelectric plant have been restored, way before schedule! They are dropping the cost of power for the next month to 11.4 cents per kwh, and then the next month it will be 10.8 cents per kwh, and stay there through October. This is wonderful!!! We will still be conserving our electricity, but this means that on those gloomy overcast days I don't need to feel guilty about my strong desire to turn on a light, rather than rely on the not so strong sunshine coming through the windows. Hooray!!! I'm so excited!!! And maybe I can do a sewing project or two. We're still enjoying doing lots of things together at home, but are hoping to get out and about a bit more once we figure out a suitable method for hiking with a 25 lb girl! So, kudos to the power company and their emergency response team/repair guys!!! Thanks for getting us off the expensive generators, and back on a more affordable power supply!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Latest Electricity Update
Our power is back on!!! That is to say, the lines with the Snettisham Hydroelectric plant have been restored, way before schedule! They are dropping the cost of power for the next month to 11.4 cents per kwh, and then the next month it will be 10.8 cents per kwh, and stay there through October. This is wonderful!!! We will still be conserving our electricity, but this means that on those gloomy overcast days I don't need to feel guilty about my strong desire to turn on a light, rather than rely on the not so strong sunshine coming through the windows. Hooray!!! I'm so excited!!! And maybe I can do a sewing project or two. We're still enjoying doing lots of things together at home, but are hoping to get out and about a bit more once we figure out a suitable method for hiking with a 25 lb girl! So, kudos to the power company and their emergency response team/repair guys!!! Thanks for getting us off the expensive generators, and back on a more affordable power supply!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations! That has got to be soooooo exciting!
I don't know how you do it. The price of electricity, the lack of sunlight. You poor thing. As far as hiking goes, we love our child back-pack.We bought it used, way cheaper, and it works great. Good luck.
Post a Comment