Can I just tell you how amazing Logan is? It is wonderful to have him around! I mean, compared with us living in different states, it is heavenly to be together as a family! While pretty much everything else in our lives is up in the air and uncertain, it is a humongous blessing to say that we are together as a family, every single day!!!!!
And, I am truly amazed at Logan's skills. I knew he was a smart cookie, but I think it is so fun to see him try new projects, and use new skills, and to see how good he is at looking at things and figuring out how to build them.
For example, I have long wished for a stand of some sort to allow Elise to help at the kitchen counter while being more stable than a chair. I found some examples online, and Logan took the information we'd found and made her this incredibly awesome 'Kitchen Helper'. She LOVES it! I LOVE it! It has made a huge difference in how she is able to be a helper in our kitchen.

And we were recently re-organizing our home into less of a storage facility (things in boxes, waiting to be found), into a more livable working space (things on shelves, ready to be used). I have been blessed with a room for crafty purposes. My sweetheart went along with the idea of putting fabric on some shelves, with the idea that if you can see it instead of having to dig through boxes for it, it will get used more. So he built me some shelves for fabric, and even a cute little shelf for ribbon. He had already built a shelf for paper crafty stuff, and pattern boxes. So here is the newer shelves, all built and filled up (it amazes me how fast they get full!).

And he has built us a fabulous book nook space with lovely book shelves which we have filled with fantastic books, and I've been able to organize to my heart's content.

And then, he decided to get daring and move into the area of picture framing. He has been making picture frames for some of our projects, and cutting mats, and they are fantastic!!! He framed this print for me from Mother's Day last year:

He made frames for the chore chart, family rules, and hair accessories:

He did this Thomas Kincade Cinderella print:

Then he did something else really cool. He made a stand for the keyboard, including a music holder. He even made a piano bench with a raisable lid for storing sheet music, which he covered in a beautiful piece of blue fabric (it was a remnant we saw at the store and liked, but didn't get it because I couldn't think of anything to make with it.....he went back and got it for this project as a surprise!). It is just my size, and Elise and I can sit together and enjoy practicing our songs!

And of course, there is that fabulous porch swing!

And the deck out back for a grill to sit on....

And our headboard/shelf, and Elise's bed, and a chair and foot rest so my sewing machine and foot pedal are at the right height, and the desk/shelf for the computer, and the Elise sized table and chairs, and night stand tables for the other bedrooms, and Elise's felt house frame......I'm telling you, Logan is amazing! I think it is so neat to see Logan use all his skills to fix it up this house here and there, to make things the way they will work best for our family....Hooray for Logan!
For example, I have long wished for a stand of some sort to allow Elise to help at the kitchen counter while being more stable than a chair. I found some examples online, and Logan took the information we'd found and made her this incredibly awesome 'Kitchen Helper'. She LOVES it! I LOVE it! It has made a huge difference in how she is able to be a helper in our kitchen.
And we were recently re-organizing our home into less of a storage facility (things in boxes, waiting to be found), into a more livable working space (things on shelves, ready to be used). I have been blessed with a room for crafty purposes. My sweetheart went along with the idea of putting fabric on some shelves, with the idea that if you can see it instead of having to dig through boxes for it, it will get used more. So he built me some shelves for fabric, and even a cute little shelf for ribbon. He had already built a shelf for paper crafty stuff, and pattern boxes. So here is the newer shelves, all built and filled up (it amazes me how fast they get full!).
And he has built us a fabulous book nook space with lovely book shelves which we have filled with fantastic books, and I've been able to organize to my heart's content.
And then, he decided to get daring and move into the area of picture framing. He has been making picture frames for some of our projects, and cutting mats, and they are fantastic!!! He framed this print for me from Mother's Day last year:
He made frames for the chore chart, family rules, and hair accessories:
He did this Thomas Kincade Cinderella print:
Then he did something else really cool. He made a stand for the keyboard, including a music holder. He even made a piano bench with a raisable lid for storing sheet music, which he covered in a beautiful piece of blue fabric (it was a remnant we saw at the store and liked, but didn't get it because I couldn't think of anything to make with it.....he went back and got it for this project as a surprise!). It is just my size, and Elise and I can sit together and enjoy practicing our songs!
And of course, there is that fabulous porch swing!
And the deck out back for a grill to sit on....
And our headboard/shelf, and Elise's bed, and a chair and foot rest so my sewing machine and foot pedal are at the right height, and the desk/shelf for the computer, and the Elise sized table and chairs, and night stand tables for the other bedrooms, and Elise's felt house frame......I'm telling you, Logan is amazing! I think it is so neat to see Logan use all his skills to fix it up this house here and there, to make things the way they will work best for our family....Hooray for Logan!
No comments:
Post a Comment