Friday, January 30, 2009

"I'm Two!!!"


She turned 2 last Saturday. We celebrated with a huge Abby Cadabby balloon with Daddy before he went back to Alaska a couple weeks ago. She really loved making Abby's wand go "Poof":

Then on Saturday, the 24th, she and I celebrated with a LOT more balloons!:


When she woke up that morning I sang the happy birthday song to her, then asked if she wanted to call daddy so he could sing. She replied in the affirmative. So we started dialing. As the phone rang, I asked what Daddy was going to sing to her, and she said, "Shoulders, Head, Toes". She wanted to sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", and then she wanted to sing the Daddy song too (I'm so glad when Daddy comes home). We've been having a great time lately as her vocabulary grows leaps and bounds everyday. She's saying a lot of the words for songs and stories instead of just signing them. She even learned a new word for the day: Stop Sign. Grandma Parker sent her a little people set that was the people in the neighborhood, which included a stop sign. I labeled it for her once, and for the rest of the day she said, "More stop sign". As we drove through town, she pointed out each stop sign we saw, and repeatedly requested that we find more. She was visibly disappointed when we parked in front of the house and were done finding stop signs, but has enjoyed playing with her small one, and finds enjoyment each time we drive in the car finding the real ones!

On Sunday, the 25th, we had a small family get together for the eating of the cake. She did really well, and has latched onto a couple words for the occasion. Words like birthday and party. She keeps saying them whenever she sees her card from Grandma Parker. What a grown up girl she is getting to be!!!


Blowing out her candles, she needed a bit of help:

And she loves Abby Cadabby (the newest member of the Sesame Street cast), so I made a special cake for her. I'm so glad it came out recognizable:


Altogether, we missed having Daddy here, but are so glad our girl is healthy, happy, and learning things so quickly! She is a wonderful helper with all the household activities, and even at the grocery store. We sure love our girl!!!

4 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Happy birthday! And I must say that cake is very impressive. Good job! I am no where near that talented.

Holly and little people said...

Happy Late Birthday Elise! I can never remember which day it is, just that it's close to Keileigh's. It looks like you guys are having fun and finding lots of stop signs. Keileigh likes to find them because they are red.

Catherina said...

Happy birthday Elise!!
She is so darling! And you too Parker!!!

love ya
cat

Beth said...

She is adorable. Glad you hear you guys are doing well. Sorry Elise has been sick lately. That is the worst. And it always seems to go in waves like that.